Thursday, November 8, 2007

Some Adoption News....

I haven't had much "adoption-related" news to share of late~ I guess because Ian's adoption is complete and we're just breezing through our new life as a family of 5.  Though I can't seem to find the post (I must have posted it under something other than this category), I know I shared at one time my frustration with the United States~ and how any of the problems we've faced with this adoption have been a direct result of our own government. 
I've had many opportunities to question the motto "of the people, by the people, and FOR the people" as we have certainly NOT seen that motto put to practice where we've been concerned. 
We had numerous problems while trying to apply for Certificate(s) of Citizenship for both of our children.  I tried "fighting" it, in order to get some justice;  but, in the end, it was just easier to "give up and give in"~ and we ended up resubmitting our paperwork and paying the (much) higher fee.  I truly believe that our own government ripped us off on purpose, just because they can.  How sad!
In any case, the check(s) we submitted have been cashed and have come back to our bank.  We're taking this as a sign that things might actually progress this time around.  I'll let you know when we finally have those certificates in our hands.  A big thanks to everyone who has prayed us through this entire adoption process~ we are blessed in so many ways~ the good far outweighs the bad (which is probably why I tend to only post about the GOOD!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails