Friday, February 8, 2008

The Ultimate TEA Diet

Do you drink tea?
Would you like to drink tea, but just never got into it?
Are you coffee drinker, and find yourself wondering why you're always feeling hungry and sluggish?
If you can answer yes to any of the above questions,
then you need to read this book:

I received this  book from Harper Collins a few weeks ago.  I'm not sure what initially even possessed me to request it.  If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, I'm sure you've read that I'm a coffee drinker.  BUT, when this book arrived and I sat down and started reading it, I was amazed to read of all the health benefits of tea (things you just don't get in coffee).  And, as a result of this book, I have made a conscious effort to switch to drinking tea, instead of coffee.
Why such a drastic lifestyle change?   Well, let me see if I can explain, by sharing some of the lines that I highlighted in the book:
"It's time for tea to be recognized in this country, not only for the health benefits most of the world have known about for centuries, but for it's incredible ability to help stop one of the world's biggest health crises to date: obesity."
"What we do need to know is very simple: Drinking tea will help us lose weight.  Yes, tea. Inexpensive.  Good tasting.  And available to everyone everywhere.  Tea, with natural ingredients that will not only help us lose weight, but will reduce our cravings for sweets, suppress our appetite, increase our insulin's effectiveness, lower our cholesterol, and stimulate thermogenesis, which helps the body burn fat for energy.  All this from a cup of tea!"
Tea has been proven to "help prevent cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's, and stroke" to "lower blood pressure, reduce weight, decrease inflammation, protect against wrinkles and sun damage" and to "increase creativity and peak performance." 
Now, after reading those, don't you think it would be beneficial to start drinking more tea?!
Did you know that all true tea comes from one plant?  I had no idea!  That's another thing I learned by reading this book.  White tea, green tea, oolong tea, and black tea all come from the plant Camellia simensis.  As long as you are drinking a tea  that falls into one of these categories, then it comes from this plant, and it has the qualities that do everything listed above.  Pretty amazing, huh?
Not only have I learned about the benefits of tea, I've also learned about different ways to prepare it~ whether using a simple store-bought tea bag, or losing loose tea and a good old-fashioned tea pot. 
Though I probably won't be following the diet that is provided in the book, I will definitely be making tea a daily habit in my life.  This book is filled with lots of recipes that you can make that include tea as a main ingredient.  The rubs and marinades intrique me;  but, beyond that, I can't see myself making any of the recipes (each and every one of the, includes some variety of tea!)
If you have even the slightest interest in tea, I'm sure you'll find this book interesting and educational as well.  You can pick it up at Amazon (not only is it available at a greatly reduced price, but it's also eligible for FREE super saver shipping!)
If man has no tea in him,
he is incapable of understanding truth and beauty.
~Japanese Proverb

There is no trouble so great or grave
that cannot be diminished by a nice cup of tea.
~Bernard-Paul Heroux

If you are cold, tea will warm you.
If you are heated, it will cool you.
If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
~William Gladstone, British Prime Minister


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails