Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally, it happened!

A few weeks ago, when I posted about ourtrip to the state park, I mentioned the "incredible hanging tooth".  Way back in June, when Gracie went off to camp, she had two of them.  Her front two teeth were both loose and sticking straight out.  We thought sure she'd lose them at camp, but no such luck.  The one did fall out on it's own, probably about a month ago.  But, the second one was hanging on for dear life. And, I must say, it was driving all of us (with the exception of Gracie) crazy!
Well, by last Friday, we had had enough!  I had been threatening to pull it for quite awhile, but the child just can't take any type of pain.  But, I just couldn't bear to see my pretty little girl looking so goofy any longer (so sue me, I'm vain!)  I took ahold of that hanging thing and gave it a good twist.  When we got the bleeding stopped, I proceeded to pull it out.  Let me tell you, that was one stubborn little tooth!  I wish I could take a picture of that thing for you.  It still had a sharp, pointy piece of root stuck up in her gums.
Anyway, check out the new look:
As you can clearly see,  both front teeth are already growing in.  I'm a little sad, as I never get to see my little girl with no front teeth!  LOL
You can tell that her upper jaw has expanded recently.  Her baby teeth were in there TIGHT, now you can see there is more room.  Pray with me that her lower jaw grows - SOON!  All 4 of her front bottom teeth have grown in BEHIND the baby teeth.  The first 3 baby teeth fell out and the permanent teeth moved forward.  However, the 4th one is barely loose and there's a full tooth behind it.  The dentist says it will do no good to pull the baby tooth as there's not room for the permanent tooth to move forward.  Let's just say Gracie's got braces in her future.  I think we better start the braces fund now! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails