Thursday, January 14, 2010

Baked Oatmeal

You might think of oatmeal as a breakfast food; but, around here, we sometimes like "breakfast for supper".  I've shared this recipe in other places (maybe in a previous edition of The Schoolhouse Planner), so you may have seen it before.  Normally, we use blueberries in it;  last night, we decided to change it up a bit and use peaches - YUM! 

Baked Oatmeal
4 eggs
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. oil
1 T. cinnamon (*FYI: cinnamon from Vietnam is especially tasty!)
1 T. vanilla
6 c. quick oats
1 T. baking powder
2 c. milk
2 c. fruit

Mix oil, sugar, and eggs.
Add cinnamon and vanilla.
Add oats, baking powder, and milk.
Fold in fruit.
Pour into greased 13x9" pan.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350.

3 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

We love to bake oatmeal, too, Heidi. Our favorite fruits are apples (with cinnamon and nutmeg) and blueberries. I will have to try peaches, though. I honestly don't think we've ever tried it with peaches. Sounds yummy! (And, we have been known to have breakfast for supper too--several nights ago I served "breakfast" burritos for supper!)

Sheri said...

Hmm, never heard of baked oatmeal. Wish I could tolerate oatmeal but it makes me really sick. But I could make it for the fam. :0) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Glad to hear your Gracie is feeling better! Take care

Julie said...

We made this on Sunday for Brunch for Lunch. When Marissa first moved in I was single and worked day shift at a hospital, She was quite put out that I didn't get up at 5 AM and make her a gourmet breakfast every morning. So, we started doing big breakfasts as sort of compromise. Uh, we will be eating on it forever! Beverly really loved it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails