Wednesday, March 24, 2010

6 Degrees of Blogging

I’m trying something new that I found on my friend Christa’s blog – 6 Degrees of Blogging is hosted by Julia @ Work, Wife, Mom . . . Life and looks like lots of fun. 

Here are the rules:
*Start on your blog and clink on another blog's link. Keep clicking through to another blog until you get to the 6th blog.
*Leave a comment on their blog saying "Hey, I found you through 6 degrees of blogging! You are being featured on my blog today! (Leave your blog URL so they can find you and the featured post.)
*Write a quick blurb on your blog with the 6 degrees button, a link/button to your featured blogger and a few nice words about them and their blog.  Encourage your readers to visit your featured blogger and leave them some comment love!
*Link your blog up on the MckLinky blog hop (feel free to grab the blog hop code if you want) so we can visit your blog and see who you found!

The goal here is to find new blogs. Find someone who might not have found otherwise. To encourage other bloggers by leaving them comments of support!  Follow other bloggers and they will return the favor by following and commenting on yours.

Now go click your little heart out!!

Here are MY 6 DEGREES:
1. In my Are You a Work-at-Home Mom? post, I clicked my 3rd commenter – Heidi @ With Thankful Hearts

2. From there, I clicked on a commenter – Donley Farm.  I have things in common with this blogger – first, she turned off her cable tv service (me too); second, she lives in Amish country (me too, though I’m in PA Amish Country, and she’s in Ohio Amish Country); and third, she has adopted children (me too!) 

3. I clicked on one of her followers, and came to this blog – In the Details. I appreciated her post on being still and waiting on God’s timing. 

4. Next stop – Shaping Little Souls.  I enjoyed her post called “”Yes! Jesus Loves Me!”

5. From there, I stopped by to visit Debbie at Children Grow, Children Learn, Children Explore.  Debbie is raising her granddaughter (who is quite the little cutie!).  I was excited to see we have some mutual friends/blog followers.

6. I thought I’d avoid the people I already “know” and look for a new friend. I clicked through to my 6th Degree – MOUSE GROWS, MOUSE LEARNS. What a great blog to check out – especially if you are teaching preschoolers (which I am/should be!)  She’s got some great ideas, and I love all the pictures she shares.  I’m going to follow her blog. 

Please go check out MOUSE GROWS, MOUSE LEARNS, and all of my other “degrees”, linked above.  I hope you’ll find some new friends too!

4 comments:

Sara @ Embracing Destiny said...

Fun! I just started following Mouse Grows last week through a similar path. Click, click, click through the blogs. LOL Kind of like unwinding a yarn ball.

Mandee said...

That's pretty cool! How fun! :)

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I am going to have to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog today and writing about your visit at your own terrific blog, Heidi. I find it neat that you are on TOS crew - I certainly heard about it, but never "met" anyone from it. Now I am your follower as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails