Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Random Dozen – 4/6/10

1. Define a great relationship.  To me, a great relationship is one in which you have complete trust in and comfort with someone else.  You feel comfortable to share anything with this person; yet times of silence are also welcome (and understood).

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?) Good question! Allow me to interject here how frustrated I get when they ask you to “pull up and wait” too!  Anyway, our last drive-through experience was probably at McDonald’s and I got an iced coffee (love the Hazelnut).  Has anyone tried their new frozen blended coffees?

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)  Hmmm… probably Golden Retrievers – they’re so pretty and docile. But, since we have a Pug, I have to recognize them too – they’re pretty darned cute.  I love our friend’s Boston Terrier (though others I’ve seen aren’t nearly as cute as Eddiee) and I think Huskies are gorgeous too (though we had one once and they’re way too hairy to be housedogs).

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move? Duh – Florida!  I want to go where it’s warm!

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Honestly – I can’t think of a thing! I have great parents and I think they did a pretty good job in raising me.  However, there are a few things I’d change about myself – first, I’d kill the teenage attitude; and second, I’d have had a more personal relationship with both my parents as a teen.

6. Who's the funniest person you know? Tim Hawkins! (Can’t wait to see him in Cincinnati this weekend!)  Or, did you mean “personally”, probably my son Ian – he always makes me smile.  There are 2 honorable mentions here too (though I’ve not had opportunity to meet either of them face-to-face – yet) --- Sheri and Denise from the Crew – love them!  They both have a way with words that always puts a smile on my face (even in the darkest of times).

7. Did you get enough sleep last night? Yes.

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning? Working and getting ready for our trip tomorrow.

9. Grilled or Fried? –HONESTLY Honestly, I’d prefer fried.

10. Are you afraid of the dark? Sometimes – it depends on the situation. In general, no.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A mother, a hairdresser, and/or a teacher.  Now, I’m all 3, in my own way!

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose? loyal

Random Dozen is hosted by Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee (which, by the way, I am drinking as I post this!)  Visit Linda and find out how to play along.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Great read. Thanks for sharing!

I have a linky party going on where you can enter a post about anything you want to share with others. I would love it if you entered this one!

Its at http://bloggerchixdesigns.blogspot.com/2010/04/talk-about-it-tuesday.html

Sheri said...

Thanks for that Heidi! Makes me smile! :0)

I agree-Denise is a hoot! :0) she makes me smile too!

Cathy said...

Hi, I see on your link on Linda's site that you're from Cincinnati. I'm from just north of there. Nice to meet you.

I think Tim Hawkins is pretty funny too!

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

LOVE Tim Hawkins! Thanks for sharing your answers! (and no-haven't tried the frozen blended drinks from McD's. But am seriously jonesing for one now!)

Joyce said...

Fun reading here today...I agree with #12. Motherhood gives you a taste of many occupations!

Kristenph said...

I got a chuckle about #9. For some reason, it's just not right to admit a preference to fried, but I'm right there with you. When my husband and I eat out together (rarely) the server usually gets our orders backwards. He's the one who's order broiled fish with steamed vegetables, while I've ordered the fried shrimp or chicken fingers with french fries. lol

Heidi said...

Howdy Ohio from Michigan! Fun answers here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails