Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Walkin’ the Crew Blogs 7/13/10

crewblogwalk2 Last week, my assistant and go-to girl, Brenda, started a new Blog Walk feature on her blog.  Each Tuesday, she’ll be introducing 2 of our First Mates and their mini-Crew teams.  I’d like to do the same.  Sometimes it’s hard to keep up with 250+ people and their blogs.  Yet, they are all special and unique in their own ways, and I’d love to introduce you to them!

So, each Tuesday, be sure to check back as I share.  This week, since I’m a week behind, I’ll be doing double duty!  So, I’d like to start by introducing you to Brenda ---

conventions 019 Last year, not long after the 2nd voyage of the Crew set sail, I lost my assistant and had to find a new one. Brenda was the obvious answer to my problems!  She’s a lifesaver (and I’m not even trying to speak  Crew-ese here!)  She stepped right into this role and has made it her own.  We compliment each other well – what I don’t think of, she does; and vice versa. My job would not be the same without her, that’s for sure.  I finally got to meet her this past April, in Cincinnati. Brenda can be found blogging at Homeschooling Trenches

The second person that I’d like to introduce you to is Kristen.  Kristen is in her 3rd year with the Crew – she sailed along on our Maiden Voyage, served as a First Mate for Year 2, and this year she’s stepping into the role of  HSB Liaison.  During Year 2, Kristen took on the role of Senior Editor at Homeschool Blogger, so we’re lucky she chose to stay on with the Crew to help with technical issues.  The Crew just wouldn’t be the same without her.  In addition to her peronal blog – A Day in the Life – Kristen can also be found on the Company Porch at HSB.

Now on to this week’s introductions ---

By way of explanation, this year we have doubled the size of our Crew.  That means that instead of having 125 Crew members, this year we have 250+!  We’ve divided the Crew into two groups – the UPPER Crew (mostly reviewing products for middle and high school) and the LOWER Crew (mostly reviewing products for preschool – upper elementary).  So, each week, we’ll be introducing you to a First Mate Mentor from each group – along with a list of her mini-team Crew mates.

First Mate Lori from Loving Learning at Home is in her second year with the Crew.  She joined the Crew for Year 2, and is serving as a First Mate for Year 3.  Lori is sweet, helpful, and cute!  We were lucky enough to meet her and spend a little bit of time with her in Cincinnati in the spring.  It’s always so much fun to put faces with names! 

Lori is calling her mini-team the TOS Shining Stars.  Her team consists of the following:

Abbie @ Second Star to the Right

Carlyn @ Losing My Tale

Jennifer @ Milk & Honey Mommy

Mandie @ Taking Time for Mommy

Wendi @ Simply at Home

First Mate Tina from Homeschool & Family is in her 3rd year with the Crew.  She was along for the Maiden Voyage and is serving her 2nd year as a First Mate this year.  Tina has 7 children, one who is already married and will be making Tina a grandparent sometime soon!  We love having Tina on our team! Here are the members of Tina’s mini-team:

Michelle @ Beyond the Silver and the Gold

Tina @ The Zoo Crew

Wendy @ Life at Rossmont

Gina @ Learning Legacy

I’d encourage you to check out each and every one of these blogs!  You’ll definitely be seeing lots of reviews on their blogs throughout the year ahead as the Crew gears up for another great year!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Heidi, I love this post! I can't wait to go to everyone's blogs, check them out and read all of their reviews!

i cant decide said...

Taking my walk, thanks.

Kristenph said...

Thanks for the kind words Heidi :) I'm happy to be back myself!

Unknown said...

Thanks for including me in this Blog Walk. This is fun!

Jodi said...

Aww...this is so nice. I can't wait to read more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails