Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Random Dozen 8/11/10

Random Dozen is back!

1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
I can’t pin it down, but I do this a lot lately.

2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it?
Take the kids for lunch.  (It wouldn’t cover it, unless we get $1 items from the McDonald’s drive-through – my kids are easy to please!)

3. Do you volunteer anywhere?
At home!  Isn’t that enough?
Seriously, though, at this stage in my life I don’t have any extra time to volunteer outside the home.


4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it?
I like all summertime fruits – strawberries, blackberries, peaches, watermelon, cantelope, etc.  I love making shortcakes and cobblers for the berries and peaches.  We made peach ice cream topping this year that was super yummy too.  Brian has cantelopes in his garden this year that are THE BEST – super sweet!

5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large?
Small “in real life”, but large in the sense that I have daily contact and interaction with lots of people

6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go?
School => never.  I attended a private Christian school that doesn’t have reunions and Brian’s are always held at bars and are expensive to attend. 
Family => just a few weeks ago and it went great.  We held the reunion at my grandparents’ home (they are both deceased and the house is empty).  It rained, so we moved all the tables inside.  It was cozy and fun.  Later in the day, the kids enjoyed playing in the stream and toasting marshmallows.

7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up?
Call me up and chat with me (about something to get my mind off the sadness), go out with me for coffee and/or ice cream!

8. Have you taken a vacation this summer?
Not this summer, but we did go to Florida in May.

9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time?
Hmmm . . . that’s a tough one.  Most of what I take with me is necessary.  I guess hand sanitizer.

10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far?
I think I’ve only seen one – Ramona & Beezus – it was really cute!

11. Describe a perfect summer day.
Sunny, temps in the mid-70’s to low 80’s, a nice breeze going.
Maybe sitting on my front porch with a good book, or hanging out with my family doing something fun.


12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far!

summer 150It’s a beetle of some sort on the hydrangea bush at my grandma’s house – taken during our family reunion. 

To read more Random Dozen answers, click the button at the top of this post.

2 comments:

Thena said...

I agree Ramona was a really cute movie. We grew watermelons for the first time this year. Awesome!!

Katie :o) said...

Your favorite fruits sound yummy! Mmmmmm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails