Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blog Cruise – Dealing with Skeptics

BlogCruiseButton How do you respond to family/friends that don't support your decision to homeschool?

Thankfully, I haven’t had to deal with this issue very much.  My family has been very supportive of our decision to homeschool, and I really don’t run into many skeptics. 

Really, I think homeschooling speaks for itself.  It’s always nice when I have someone compliment my child’s behavior, attitude, and/or ability to communicate well.  These things, though not everyone notices it at the time, are a direct product of our homeschooling. 

I know many of you do have to deal with skeptics, so I’d recommend visiting the Crew blog to see what other Crew members have to say about this very important topic.

2 comments:

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

I'm so glad that you've had such a positive experience.
We've had a mixed bag of responses, but in general the waters are pretty smooth now. :)

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Our family and friends have been very supportive as well. Very rarely do I ever get a negative comment while at stores, etc.

Related Posts with Thumbnails