Monday, September 20, 2010

Miscellany Monday 9/20/10

First of all, how is it the 20th of September already?!  This year has just been flying by, and I’m hard-pressed to ever catch up with it!  I haven’t had a chance to participate in the miscellany the past few weeks, but I’m taking the time today - - -

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Williamsburg.  Our trip last week was wonderful and stressful all rolled into one.  If you ever hear me saying I’m staying at the Historic Powhatan Resort again, please remind me not to, ok? 

2. Article.  I need to get a word count for the article I need to write about the special homeschool days at Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown.  Right now, I just have a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head, with no clear direction on where to go with them.  Good thing I have several months to get them down on paper!

3. Ian’s leg.  Last Wednesday night, Ian was running through our suite and banged his left leg pretty badly on the hearth of the fireplace (did I mention that our suite was laid out very weird?)  Anyway, he still will not bear weight on that leg, though visibly it appears fine.  We’ll see what the doctor says in 2 hours.  (Can I just say how thrilled I am that I called first thing on a Monday morning and they answered my call on the FIRST ring?!)

4. School.  After a full week of field trips last week, we need to get back into the swing of schoolwork this week.  I must confess, I’m with the girls – I’m not really looking forward to it.  I wish all school could be hands-on. :)  I am rather excited about a new addition to our curriculum – mostly for Ashley’s government class.  I hope she likes it too. 

5. BlogCruiseButton Favorite homeschool resource.  I didn’t have time to participate in this week’s Blog Cruise, but I must just make a quick mention about our absolute favorite homeschool resource of all time – the Mystery of History.  We are anxiously awaiting the publishing of the fourth volume, so we can complete our set! 

6. Death.  It’s fresh on our minds again, as Gracie lost her precious guinea pig, Jackson, last week while we were in Williamsburg.  Brian hated making the call, I hated relaying the news.  Yet, you cannot keep kids from death, no matter how hard you try.  Now, Gracie is hoping to plant something in memory of Jackson, much like the lilac bush I was gifted with this past spring in memory of my friend Sue. 

1 comment:

Jolanthe said...

What happened at Powhatan? {she asks, while sitting on the couch in one of their units...}

Related Posts with Thumbnails