Monday, March 28, 2011

miscellany monday ~ 3/28/11~ and some blog hoppin’ too

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

(one) isn’t the new miscellany monday button cute?  I think so!

2011-12Planner300 (two) I just got the first-draft copy of the 2011-12 Schoolhouse Planner (which I’ve been working on for months) – and this thing is HUGE!  We’re talking 822 pages, people!  If you’re a homeschooler and you’re not using this product, what have you been waiting for?!  It’s currently on pre-sale for only $22.  Trust me when I say it’s well worth the regular price of $39 (and then some) – so you can wait and pay full price, but why pass up a tremendous deal?! 

(three) it’s crazy cold here in PA!  Where’s spring?!  Brian said we might even get snow by the end of the week.  What?!  I wish I was going to Florida NOW, and not in May. 

(four) every time I woke up in the middle of the night, I had been dreaming about my friend Sue.  She was alive!  It was weird.  In some of the dreams she was sick, in others, she wasn’t.  I was  thinking of her yesterday when we were watching Man vs. Food – I was thinking about how much she loved hamburgers and always meandsuesaid she could win a hamburger-eating contest.  Maybe that’s what prompted the dreams.  My mom recently brought over this picture of Sue and me that she found in her things:

(five) today it’s 51 days ‘til we leave for Florida.  We made a countdown chain over the weekend. This is a MUST-HAVE.  Otherwise, we’d have to listen to Ian asking – every day – if we could start packing!  He’s his mother’s son, what can I say?! 

(six) Ian is also counting the days until we go to see the Monster Truck Nationals.  That reminds me --- in 2 hours, I’ll be drawing a winner for the Family 4-pack of tickets.  If you’re in PA and would like to go see the Monster Trucks, you better go sign up – and FAST!

(seven) Ashley and I are counting the days until we go to the Revolve Tour (click the button in my sidebar to learn more about this conference for teen girls – and their moms).  I’m looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Crew Mates at this conference – Shannon and Paula.  But, more about that next week . . .

(eight) speaking of meeting new friends, I’ve been trying to make some new bloggy friends by participating in a few hops.  There are so many out there – if you’re looking for new bloggy buddies, be sure to check them out.  Here are a few that I’m participating in today:

For this one, there are some weekly questions to answer ---

1.  Crunchy or soft tacos?  I probably prefer crunchy.  However, Taco Bell used to (maybe still does, I haven’t been there in awhile) have a taco that was a hard shell with a soft shell outside it (“glued”together with refried beans).  I found it rather intriguing and the best of both taco worlds.
2.  Do you scrapbook? I used to – back when I had time.  Now, I have Ian.  But, I wouldn’t trade him for time – ever!
3.  Do you take any daily medications? Yes. 
4.  What is your favorite sound? My kids laughing. 
5.  Where were you born?  In PA, in a hospital about 50 minutes from where I live now.

And here are a few more hops that I’m participating in this week:

untitled-3-1

Photobucket
The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time Mom

10 comments:

Michelle Smith said...

Heidi, I'm so glad you will be going to Florida. Enjoy the weather and have a wonderful time. :) And, honestly, Sue isn't sick anymore. She is in no pain. She is in the Lord's presence and one day you two will be reunited. Have a wonderful week! Oh, and you reminded me--I need to go look at all the planner pre-sales and decide which ones I need to get! ;)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I'm going to have to try the double decker taco - I've looked at them but was a little afraid of the whole tortilla glued to a crispy taco shell. But now you've gotten me curious!

Hello Jessica Lynn said...

I love Florida!!!

I am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog.

Please stop by (and become a follower if you aren't already) either or both of my blogs:

So Stylilized is where I currently offer FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Hope to see you at my blogs!!

Have a blessed day! :0)

Unknown said...

New follower via Mingle Monday Blog Hop. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-290-blog-hops.html

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up with us at MFM. I'm returning your follow from The Thrifty Things. Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

Linda said...

Nothing beats the sound of kids laughing does it! What a great answer!

Happy Monday!

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I love the sound of kids laughing too!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Heidi I've just given you an award for your blog. Check it out!
http://psalm516.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award-received.html

Nora St.Laurent
Finding Hope Through Fiction

Jodi said...

I LOVE the photo of you and Sue. You can see the bond of friendship that you two share clearly in that photo! I'm so glad you're going to get to go to Florida! Yippee! You'll have a great time, enjoy!

Amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by. I am a new follower.
http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails