Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~ Volume 20

1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done?

Ummm . . . how to choose just one.  Probably the one that comes to mind most often as foolish (or embarrassing) is when I stepped in the water in a hotel in Bangkok, Thailand on our way to get Gracie.  It was nighttime and it was rather dark in the lobby – which was HUGE and VERY fancy.  Everything was all shiny and marble, so I thought the floor was too.  I commented on how shiny it was, right before I stepped in ankle-deep water!  No wonder it sparkled so much!

2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee.

Before I answer this question, can I just say that I despise marshmallow peeps?  There’s I’ve said it.  Ewww. . .

Now, for chicken. . . I prepare it in so many different ways that I don’t know that I have a favorite.  Maybe a creamy chicken recipe that we make in the crock pot and serve over noodles.  It has cream cheese and ranch dressing in it, among other things.

3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?

Our state capital of Harrisburg, PA is home to the National Civil War Museum.  It’s a beautiful facility and a very nice museum. I believe they say it’s the only museum dedicated to the Civil War that does not take a side.  Definitely worth the visit if you’re in the area.  The grounds around it are lovely also.

4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference-a shower or a bath?

Depends.  If I’m getting ready to go somewhere, a shower.  If I’m wanting some pampering, or simply some alone mom time, I prefer a bath (with bubbles, a book, and sometimes even a candle).  And, just to expose my compete craziness – sometimes I take both – bath followed by shower. 

5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?

Again, it depends.  I will say that spending the last year without my friend Sue has definitely made me love and appreciate her more.  Not that I didn’t love and appreciate her when she was alive; I did.  So, I guess I’ll say that if the relationship is solid to begin with, then yes, absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder.  However, if the relationship wasn’t so solid, I think absence really only serves to diminish things.  Soon, you’ll forget that person/thing ever existed. 

6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state/province?

I think Pennsylvania might be the factory capital of the world – especially when it comes to factories that make foods – like  chocolate, pretzels, chips, etc.  We’ve been on several factory tours (aka field trips) over the years and they’re all fun.  I do love chocolate, so I guess I’ll say Hershey’s, though I know they have moved a lot of their production outside of PA, and maybe even outside the US (not good!)

7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?

The statistics about “Christian” kids growing up and going off to college and turning from their Christian roots really effects me.  Not only do I have a 17-year-old daughter, but I’ve also been involved in helping lead youth.  The statistics are staggering.  But, I keep coming back to the fact that “it all starts at home”.  Parents, are you “training your children up in the way they should go?”  It’s not someone else’s responsibility – it’s yours! 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

One of my favorite things about spring is seeing all the brown and grab turn to green (and various other colors).  None of my trees are getting buds yet; but, on Monday, when I walked outside to go to the post office, I started seeing hints of spring and it makes me happy.  So happy than I ran back inside for my camera.

spring 2011 059 spring 2011 060
spring 2011 061 spring 2011 062
spring 2011 065
(this last picture is the lilac bush that friends gave me to plant in memory of Sue – the picture isn’t very clear, but it’s sporting some green!)

I’m also linking up to some blog hops today . . .

Chronicles of a crazy mom WonderWednesday2

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Hershey is fun...haven't been there in years but I used to love the way the town smelled. And the lamp posts shaped like Hershey's kisses.

Spring is slow to arrive here too...we still have snow on the ground. Yuk.

Enjoy your day~

Thena said...

Spring is definetly here. But at least we're finally getting some much needed rain to wahs away the pollen.

Chroniclesofacrazymom said...

Hi! Returning the follow from the hop :) Thanks for visiting :) So far I LOVE your blog! I'm excited to have someone new to read :)And thanks for posting my button :)


Lori
http://chroniclesofacrazymom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I completely identified with you on so many points!

Guess I'll comment about the children going off to college.

My daughter is nearing the end of her first year of college. She had 3/4 of her tuition paid for through scholarships...to a liberal college. She decided, last minute, to attend an equally expensive Christian college. We relented, and it was such a great decision! She's attending school with other kids who have made the commitment to live a Christian life...where drinking is forbidden...and where contact with the opposite sex is somewhat monitored but encouraged to be as pure as possible.

Needless to say, my husband and I don't worry about her wandering away, even though we still pray for her.

Michelle said...

I would enjoy to go to the Hershey's factory.

I love springtime when earth starts coming back to life. I also love the smell of freshly mowed grass.

Expats Again said...

#1, so easy to do. At least you weren't being photographed while texting on a cell phone as you stepped in the water like the lady at the mall did and it went viral on Youtube. Things can definitely get worse!

Related Posts with Thumbnails