Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge-November 30

It’s hard to believe that today is the last day in November, and that means it’s also the last day of this year’s Gratitude Challenge!  This month went by so quickly, didn’t it?  I’m so thankful for this challenge – there were days when I really had to think, and other days where it was quite obvious what I had to be thankful for – but I kept up with the challenge all month (I think I doubled up two times), and I’m glad I did. 

Today I’m thankful that we were able to get Ian’s dental work done.  Last time we were there, we were told he had some cavities and got an estimate over $1,000.  We don’t have dental insurance, and we don’t have any extra $1,000 laying around right now. So, I stewed and worried about it for awhile; and finally I called and asked for a specific dentist to look over his records and see if it would be possible to just fix the 2 permanent teeth at this time.  The receptionist said they never work on 2 sides of the mouth at once – yet, they did today!  And our bill was less than 1/2 the original estimate. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails