Tuesday, November 1, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge – November 1

Last year, I participated in the 2010 Gratitude Challenge, hosted by my friend and assistant, Brenda.  She has decided to bring the challenge back for 2011 – so go visit her blog for details or to link up. I know participating last year really helped me to put my life into perspective and to put my focus where it needed to be. I’m sure this year will provide more of that! 

Today I am thankful for jobs.  We’ve made it through 10 months of 2011.  There have been several times during those months when both Brian and I have wondered how much longer we might have our jobs. The economy is so uncertain, and it’s scary.  We never know what tomorrow might hold.  But, I’m thankful that God has seen fit to bless us with these jobs for now, and that our needs are being met (even if sometimes it seems like we’re scraping the bottom of the barrel, so to speak). 

What about you?  What are you thankful for today?

6 comments:

Rodna said...

I too am very thankful for my husbands job. God has blessed us so much with allowing me to be able to stay home with our children. He may not make as much as some, or as much if we both worked, but it is plenty, and I am so grateful for his job too. I just may have to use that one this month too!!!

cnrbryan said...

Oh yes!! Very blessed for Rod's job, even when hours are cut I need to be reminded to be thanful that he still has a job!
Love you!!

Rodna said...

Heidi, do you know that you your picture comes up by all of our names whrn we comment on your blog? lol I have been meaning to tell you how much I love your new blog. It looks great!

DebbiesDigest said...

I will not be able to keep this up but for today I am trying to comment on all the Gratitude Challenge participants blogs.


Jobs is a great thing to be thankful for.  I am sure I will have some things to say in the next 30 days about God's provisions for us financially this past year.  God Bless you. <3 and Hugs.

Heidi Strawser said...

I know that and I can't figure out what's up with that!
I installed this Disqus thing and I'm beginning to think it's more trouble than it's worth!

Ingolddebs said...

I am also thankful that you have jobs. It is a scary time with the economy, every time we think we are safe, there seems to be more cut backs around the corner. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails