Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Gummy Bear Ear Buds ?!

gummybearearbuds A few weeks ago, we received something rather unique in the mailbox - - - Gummy Bear Ear Buds

These are made by Sakar. They are sold at novelty stores – such as Hot Topic – and I’ve seen them online ranging in price from $9.99 to $18, and up.

They look amazing like real gummy bears.  And, if the looks aren’t enough, they’re scented as well!  I’m not exactly sure who would want a scented gummy bear in their ears; but there is something cute about it, right?

51LUkDqHfOL._SL500_AA300_ We got the green gummy bear ear buds to check out.  Now, I must confess – I am NOT an ear bud fan in the least little bit.  I’m a product of the 80’s, when giant head phones were in style (and I think it’s absolutely hilarious that they’re coming back around – I mean, seriously, a little iPod with HUGE earphones makes SUCH a unique statement).  But, anyway, back to our regularly scheduled blog post . . .

I passed the ear buds on to Gracie because ear buds just don’t stay put in my ears and I knew she’d get a huge kick out of them.  She’s 11 – what 11 year old wouldn’t love these things?!

I’m assuming that the green buds should smell like lime or green apple.  I’m rather sensitive to smells and I don’t pick up much of a scent on these at all.  Gracie doesn’t smell it either.  So, if you’re after them for scent alone, I may recommend another color/flavor choice. 

While she’s been using them faithfully for a week or so now, she has mentioned that she has trouble keeping them in her ears, and  that  the sound isn’t what she would consider to be “the best”, but she wouldn’t necessarily discourage someone else from buying them.  I mean, there’s always the fun factor!

So, what do you think?  Have you seen these?  Would you consider them a fun gift idea for someone on your gift list this year?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails