Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday–December 22

I’ve got lots of things to be thankful for today. Let’s see . . . where to begin . . .

I woke up with a headache around 5am.  I got up, grabbed a few Excedrin Migraine, and crawled back in bed, saying a prayer that it would go away.  It did! 

I walked to the post office this morning and had 3 packages to pick up.  Two were full of books, but the third was a Christmas package from one of my assistants at work (TOS).  I’ll be posting some pics of the cute gifts I’ve been receiving in a future post – so stay tuned.  For now, though, suffice it to say that I’m thankful for these special people who have entered my life through the Homeschool Crew.  Life wouldn’t be the same without them!

I went with Brian to his follow-up doctor appointment, to get the results of his sleep study.  Turns out I was right (no surprise there!) – he has sleep apnea.  He goes back tonight for a 2nd sleep study – this time wearing the c-pap mask.  I’m thankful that (hopefully) my nights of being distracted by his snoring will soon be coming to an end! 

And, I’ve saved the  best for last . . . the FedEx man delivered the iPad2 that I won from Smiley360!  Yeah!  I’ll just say that God is definitely in the small things - - - I actually said a prayer that I might win this particular contest.  I work from home, and my laptop has  been acting up for months now.  I don’t want to drag it away when we travel, so I was wishing for some sort of tablet (something smaller, but a way to check e-mail, etc.).  God answered my prayer through Smiley360!  If you signed up through my link, then you played a part in that too – so I’m thankful for YOU!  Don’t be afraid to share those little, seemingly insignificant things with God. :)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails