In no particular order, here are a few random thoughts that have come to me this past week:
- I’m so glad I don’t live in a neighborhood that requires parallel parking. Parallel parking makes me nervous.
- To the person in the dark blue Yaris who parked VERYCLOSE to our van last Thursday at the Cape May County Zoo, thanks so much for opening your door and scraping the side of my van with it. Those blue streaks you added are so stylish. NOT!
- Why is it that I don’t mind unpacking at the vacation house, but when we get home and have to unpack all over again I don’t have any desire to do it?
- Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, right? I mean, we don’t really relax at Disney, so I call those “Disney trips”. But, the beach is usually pretty relaxing, so it’s a vacation. Except that Ian came barging into my bedroom (using the excuse that he wanted to snuggle – awwww!) every. single. morning. between 6 and 6:30. What?! I need a nap!
- For the first time in several years, I was able to stay away from the computer a good bit during this trip. It was nice not to feel like I had to sign on to check things and to work.
- And lastly, how in the world did my baby girl get to be 12 years old?! Time flies when you’re having fun!