Friday, December 28, 2012

Friendship Friday ~ Meet Kim

friendship friday

I hope that you had a great Christmas!  Did you have a chance to hang out with any of your special friends?  Maybe you have New Years Eve plans with friends.  Whatever your week holds, I hope you have time to at least HONOR your friendships with a post on your blog or an encouraging note on FB.

Now, I’d like to introduce you to another of my friends . . .


2012 was an interesting year for me in so many ways.  It held changes that I wasn’t prepared for, yet they ended up to be good changes. 

Last December, I had accepted a job as a travel agent (specializing in Disney travel) with 3D Travel.   I was super excited!  I mean, for years I’ve had people telling me “you need to have a job planning Disney trips!”  I thought I would be able to manage that job alongside my other job.

However, God had other plans. And, as it turned out, I ended up resigning from my former job.  That ended up creating some major stress in my life – which resulted in an episode of amnesia.  Under doctor’s (strict!) orders, I was told to take the rest of January very easy.  That meant that I wasn’t able to start my job with 3D, which required a lot of Disney training, ‘til later.

And here I am, almost a year later, and I’m not doing that job anymore either.  Why?  Because, once again, God had other plans (in the form of Homeschool Mosaics).

But, the very cool thing is that God totally had a hand in all of the “stuff” that went down in 2012, and I could see it so clearly so many times!  I love that!  And you’re probably wondering when I’ll get to the part about friendship!

Well, when I was feeling good enough to focus on work, I was assigned a mentor at 3D.  Her name was KimAnd she was wonderful!  She was so patient with me, encouraging, and kind. 

And, when I look back on 2012, I know that God put me at 3D Travel so that I would have opportunity to connect with Kim.  She became so much more than a mentor – she became a friend. 

I knew she was a keeper one day when we were e-mailing back and forth about my own upcoming trip to WDW.  I was having some misgivings about some of the details.  And, just like that, my phone rang.  I picked it up and saw Kim’s number on the display.  I was crying and I hated to answer the phone.  But, I picked it up, only to hear Kim say “Heidi . . . what’s wrong?”  She could sense my overwhelmed feelings just through words on a computer screen.

And that was just the beginning.  Over this past year, we’ve had a lot of fun chatting, laughing, crying, and being silly. 

And, as it turns out, the highlight of that September trip (for me) was finally getting to meet this special lady.

Kim and meHere we are at Hollywood Studios – waiting to board the tram for the Backlot Tour.

We got to spend quality time together – as friends and families – each day of that trip.  We got to know her hubby and her son.  And we love them all!  Now they’re even more than friends – they’re family!

And I’m in some major Kim-withdrawal!  And it just hit me – I think we need to plan a girls’ only weekend at our happy place!  Hmmm . . . wonder if we can swing that in 2013? 

If you’d like to get to know my friend Kim, you can follow her on FacebookShe’s a great travel agent too!  (She’s mine!)


1 comment:

Cindy Fragozo said...

I love Kim too, she is anamazingly wonderful special person to anyone who is blessed by knowing her! Hedi I am sad I didn't get to get to know you better while you were at 3D Travel, but Mosaics is awesome and we were so blessed to have you with us even for a short time! ~Cindy Fragozo

Related Posts with Thumbnails