Friday, December 14, 2012

Friendship Friday ~ Meet Melissa

friendship friday

Last week, I wasn’t able to get a Friendship Friday post up about a specific friend – but I did put up a link for YOU.  Thanks to Mike from My Dreams of Disney for being a consistent linker!  He has linked up a friendship post every week since we started Friendship Friday! 

If you haven’t started posted about your friends, it’s not too late!  Friendship Friday will be an ongoing weekly meme – until I run out of friends (I hope that doesn’t happen any time soon!)

My Christmas cards will likely inspire me for the next few weeks.  How about you?  Do you get cards from people you don’t get to see much (if it all) throughout the year?  If so, focus on those people – and what they mean to you!  Write a blog post or a FB note and link it up below.  (Make sure you tell your friend!)

Now, meet my friend . . .


One of the things that I love about the internet is that it seemed to make the world a bit smaller.  What I mean is that it’s so easy now to make friends from all over the place! 

However, on the flip side, one of the things that I hate about the internet is that I have so many friends who live far away.  Some I never get to see, and some I don’t get to see nearly enough.  Today, I’m focusing on one of those “not nearly enough” friends . . .

I met my friend Melissa back when “all the cool homeschool moms were blogging at HSB”.  Later, we both moved our blogs, but we stayed in touch.  She would often join in the fun of my Destination Disney memes

A few years ago, we finally got to meet in person – at my favorite place in the world – Walt Disney World!  (Melissa is lucky enough to be neighbors with the Mouse!) 

melissa

I won’t go into the back-story of that day because I’ve shared the whole “stolen stroller drama” before; but suffice it to say my family was a bit “down” by the time we hooked up with Melissa’s family.  But, we quickly connected and had a great time going through some of my favorite attractions in Future World – The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Living with the Land.  We separated for supper – and then hooked back up with them for a viewing of IllumiNations.  It was a great first time meeting and we knew it wouldn’t be our last!

This past January, we were able to meet up with them again when Ashley and I decided to get some friends together for a Ladies’ Tea at the Grand Floridian.  We were so glad that Melissa and her daughter were able to join us for that special time. 

While we weren’t able to hook up with them on our September visit, I know there will be many more visits with Melissa’s family over the years!  Maybe one day they’ll even venture up to PA to visit us! 

If you’d like to get to know my friend Melissa better, you can visit her blog – The Life of a Honey Bee.

Melissa – thanks for being my friend!  I am blessed!


1 comment:

Mickey said...

Sorry Heidi, the day caught up with me yesterday, and I didn't get my Friendship Friday post done. :( Next week it is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails