Saturday, December 1, 2012

It’s All in the Journey

Quote 11

This was last week’s Destination Disney quote and I think that it’s got to be one of the wisest things that Captain Jack has ever said.  I mean, if you’ve spent any time reading my Disney-related posts here on my blog, then surely you know that I’m a planner.  A big-time planner.  And so, I’m thinking of this quote in terms of planning for Disney . . .

My motto is “the planning is half the fun”. 

My neighbors went on an impromptu Disney trip this past week.  When I saw “impromptu” I mean it – as in, they came over one day, asked me to watch their dog, and left the next day.  Totally off-the-cuff.  No plans whatsoever. 

I don’t work that way.  I love to plan for our Disney trips.  And sometimes for a long time.  Why?  Because, by planning, I feel that I’m extending my vacation. 

Sure, when I get to the actual destination, it’s wonderful.  But, the trips last way too short of a time. 

So, I plan from trip to trip.  We literally get home from one and start plotting, scheming, and planning when we can go back.  Even if we don’t have dates etched in stone, we’re still planning and dreaming. 

Yep, that’s my take on the quote.  How about you?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails