Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The BIC® 4-color pen

CONFESSION TIME: I’m a color-coder and I pretty much always have been.  As a little girl, I had a strong fascination for crayons and the 64-box was a must!  As I got older, my fascination extended to things like markers and colored pencils.  Now, as an adult who works from home and homeschools my kids, I have a variety of colored pens, highlighters, and Sharpies adorning my desk space.  If you don’t believe me, here’s proof:

005

006

By nature, I’m an organized person – in high school I was voted the person with the neatest locker!  And, when it comes to paperwork, I’m an organizational freak! 

One of my favorite things to color code are my schedules and my calendars.  (Yes, that is plural!)  Here is the posting schedule for Homeschool Mosaics that hangs at my desk:

001

And here is the wipe-off calendar that hangs beside my desk:

002

As you can tell, I like color!  Not only does it make me happy, but it helps me to feel more organized.  And, at first glance at either of these calendars, I automatically know what I need to do that day, based on the colors. 

So, when I had the opportunity to test and review the Bic® 4-color pen, I jumped at the chance.  See, there’s a back-story here . . .

When I was a little girl, my mom was in the nursing profession.  And, she had this very pen!  Every chance I got, I snuck that thing out of her pen holder and used it!  I’m guessing she must have used it for marking nursing charts, etc.  But, to me, that pen was a little piece of happiness!  I mean, seriously, 4 colors in one pen! 

My mom’s pen looked just like this one:

003

Now, here is it, 30+ years later, and I have a pen just like that fascinating pen that my mom had!  And it’s just as wonderful as I remembered. 

And I used it to color code my life planner:

004

I’m not sure if you can see it well enough – but red is for Brian’s reffing schedule, green is my work schedule, blue is for everything that I need to taxi the kids to, and black is for the extra fun stuff.

And, do you want to know the neatest part?  I received an extra pen to give away to one of my readers or friends.  It disappeared from my desk the first day.  Why?  Because apparently I’ve raised another color-coding freak like me – my daughter Ashley swiped it. 

I saw her using it to color-code her notes at church on Sunday!  I leaned over and whispered in her ear, “Did you take my pen?”  She replied, with a sly little  grin on her face, “Didn’t you have two?!”

And this, my friends, is what I hope you learn from this post:

  • Color-coding rocks!
  • The Bic® 4-color pen is a classic
  • You need one for yourself!

NOTE: I received the pen mentioned above for free as part of a Smiley 360 Blogger Mission.  I only share about products that I have used, believe in, and feel would benefit my readers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails