Friday, October 5, 2007

"because you're my mom!"

Those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile (and my old blog) may remember that there used to be a post in "Gracie Giggles" almost daily!  (at least weekly)  Then, one day, Gracie turned 7, she "got big now" (her words) and the funny phrases and comments weren't rolling off her tongue quite as often.
Every once in awhile, though, she's still got it!  I had to share.......
(Now remember, she's 7)  Gracie has been asking me for a few weeks now if, the next time we go to Wal-mart (or "the store") if we might purchase her "some of that stuff to make my cheeks pink".
So, the other day I asked her why she thought she needed "that stuff" and she said "Well, don't you think my cheeks look a little pale?"
I said what all mothers say to their 7-year-old make-up-wearing-wannabe's (I think):
"Well, Gracie, I think that you are beautiful just the way you are."

Apparently, she's wise to that line!  She replied:
"MOM, you're just saying that because you're my mom!"

We're going to Target tomorrow~ what's your vote~
SHOULD WE or SHOULDN'T WE buy this girl some stuff to make her cheeks pink?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails