Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Well, she's gone

This afternoon (after a "no cavities" dentist appointment and a birthday lunch at Red Robin), we took Gracie and dropped her off at church camp.  If you were praying for me, thanks!  I can honestly say that we dropped her off and I didn't shed a tear.  I totally didn't expect that to be the case, so I know it's a result of my friends praying for me. 
I know Gracie's 8 now; but, to me, she's still my baby girl.  It's hard for me to believe that she's old enough to go off to church camp by herself.  I pray that she has a great time, that she is able to make some new friends, and that she will learn more about God.  I can't wait to hear all about it when she gets home. 
For you Reviews by Heidi readers, here's a funny for you:  After we got Gracie settled in her cabin and were getting ready to leave, I started saying things like "now where did I tell you your raincoat is?" and "do you remember what I said about.....?"  Gracie quickly responded with, "Mom, you can stop reviewing me now!"  REVIEWING!  She said I was reviewing her!  LOL  What do you think that means, exactly?!
Please pray for Gracie over the next few days.  We'll go to pick her up on Friday afternoon.  She has an art show to be a part of on Friday evening.  Hopefully I'll get some pictures to share.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails