Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lawsuit! the game

Recently, I was contacted by the owner of Professional Games, Inc. about reviewing a game that she had created. The game is called Lawsuit! and was created by Tina Nelson - originally the game was meant to be a Father's Day gift and a way to show her children what she and their father do for a living.

This game arrived in the mail the other day and, though I scheduled the review for March, we had SO MUCH FUN playing with it that I just had to share. I can definitely see why Lawsuit! was the winner of several awards and has been featured on several major news shows.

Lawsuit! is a board game that comes with the game board, 3 card sets, play money, 6 playing pieces, and 1 die. The game box recommends the game for ages 8 & up, the website says 6 & up. I think a child with fairly good reading skills and some concept of money can easily play along and enjoy this game. Much like The Game of Life, players graduate from law school, pass the bar exam, and go on to enter a career in the field of law. The Lawsuit! cards contain hilarious cases that made my girls and I laugh out loud!

I like a game that I can sit down and play with my kids, but I don't want it to take forever (no Monopoly!) I also want games that are both educational and fun. Lawsuit! meets all of my game-playing criteria and my girls give it two thumbs up!

If you're looking for a new game to spice up your family game nights, i'd definitely recommend checking out Lawsuit! It can be purchased at FAO Schwarz, the U.S. Supreme Court, the Library of Congress,
The National Constitution Center and the Children's Museum of Manhattan (for a full list of retailers, click here) or ordered through the Professional Games, Inc. website for $29.99 (+ s&h).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails