Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sometimes a mom just has to brag a little!

Monday evening I was still at the hospital with my best friend, Sue; so my mom took the kids to Bible School (Ashley is a helper).  I did not know if Ian would go to his class or not (he has NEVER gone to the nursery and we only just tried Sunday School for the first time this past Sunday and I had to sit in with him).  But, he wanted to, so we tried it.  My mom had to stay with him, but he LOVED it and couldn't stop talking about it.  So, last night I took him and had to stay with him.  I am hoping and praying that this week at Bible School will help ease him into the whole "classroom thing" to the point that we can maybe start leaving him in SS without us and can try to settle in to a class of our own (long story, but both Brian and I have been serving as youth leaders/ teachers for so long that we have not had a class of our own to fit into). 

Anyway, back to Ian ...
I was just amazing at this child!  When they were going over the Bible memory verses with his class (3,4, and 5 year olds - and he just turned 3 in April), he KNEW a good bit of it!  I didn't even know what the verse was, having not been there on Monday, so I certainly didn't work with him.  The verses are Habakkuk 3:17-19a.  I thought I'd share them.  The parts that Ian knows are bolded.  (I'll try to get a video to share this week sometime.)


17 Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails