Sunday, February 21, 2010

Small Talk Six: Who? Me? Control Freak?

SmallTalkSix175 I’m a day late on Small Talk Six, but I enjoy this meme so thought I’d post my answers to yesterday’s topic today.  The topic is - “6 things you would rather do yourself, even if you could pay someone else to do them.”

Here are my answers:

1. Teach my children – we’ve tried public school and don’t really think it’s an option at this point.  So, the alternative would be to pay for private school; and I know I can do just as well (if not better) teaching them myself.  So, we choose to homeschool.

2. Wash my dishes – I don’t know why, but this is one area that I tend to be obsessive over.  We don’t have a dishwasher and I don’t like anyone offering to do my dishes when they come to visit.  My mom knows it’s a big no-no to even offer!

3. Fold my clothes – I’d love if my kids could help, but nobody seems to be able to do it to suit me.

4. Plan my vacations – sorry, no travel agency for me.  I have too much fun making the plans to ever use an agent!

5. Drive me around – I don’t trust other people’s driving. LOL

6. Do my job for me – though I am trying to get better at asking for help, as needed. :)

What about YOU?  Is there something specific that you just prefer to do by yourself?

1 comment:

author said...

Oh my gosh! Totally agree with #2. We have a dishwasher that I absolutely refuse to use. Drives my oldest nuts when it's her turn to wash, which rarely happens, as she never gets them clean enough for my standards. LOL! She always says when she's an adult, she's getting-and using--a dishwasher! ;) Hubby thinks I'm weird. But that's ok. Everybody's weird.

Related Posts with Thumbnails