Thursday, March 11, 2010

Strawberry Spinach Salad

*Previously posted on June 20, 2009.  It’s starting to feel like spring here in PA and it seemed like a great time to reintroduce this recipe!

*My friend just requested this recipe, so I thought I'd go ahead and share it on my blog.  This is THE BEST summer salad recipe and is a HUGE HIT everywhere we take it.  I first tried this salad at a family gathering and just had to have the recipe.  I'm sure you'll love it too!

Combine the following salad ingredients in a large bowl:
2 bags Baby Spinach
2 qt. strawberries
2 cans mandarin oranges


Mix the following dressing ingredients in a jar; shake well and add just before serving:
3/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. vinegar
2 tsp. red onion
1 1/2 tsp. mustard
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
1 c. vegetable oil


(This dressing is a sweet & sour dressing and it great made and served on other salads as well.)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails