Monday, June 28, 2010

Simple Secrets by Nancy Mehl

 

Heidi Says . . . I really enjoyed this book.  My initial attraction to this book was that it was about Old Order Mennonites, as opposed to Amish.  (It seems that there are way too many Amish novels in the Christian fiction marketplace these days!) 

I was also intrigued by the suspenseful aspect of this novel.  It’s hard to find a good suspense novel that also includes romance and Christianity.  This book has the perfect balance of all three! 

I loved the main character of Gracie and could so relate to her and her thoughts and feelings throughout the book.  The cast of supporting characters in the book were all greatly written too – enough detail to get to know them and actually feel like you’re a resident of Harmony. 

This was the first of Nancy Mehl’s books that I have read, but it certainly won’t be the last!  I’m already anxiously awaiting book 2 in the Harmony Series – Simple Deceit – coming this fall!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails