Friday, August 6, 2010

Narnia Reading Challenge update

chronicles-of-narnia Several weeks ago, I posted that I was planning to participate in the Chronicles of Narnia Reading Challenge hosted by Carrie @ Reading to Know.  I didn’t get my conclusion post up by the end of July, but I did want to update with my reading status:

  • I read The Magician’s Nephew
  • I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
  • I read The Horse and His Boy
  • I read Prince Caspian
  • I am currently reading The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

All in all, I’m really glad that I decided to participate in this challenge.  I had never read any of the Narnia books before – now I’ve read all but 2 of them.  I think that I’ll read those last 2 over the next few weeks/months, so that I can say I’ve read the entire series!  I cannot say that they are my favorite books (I’m still not a huge fan of the fantasy genre), but I can say that I’m glad to have read them.

Gracie and I watched “Prince Caspian” yesterday and I have to say that I enjoyed it much more after having read the book.  Now, I’ll be ready for the release of “Voyage of the Dawn Treader” later this year! 

Thanks, Carrie, for hosting this challenge!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm seriously impressed! Seriously! =D Thanks for playing along. I'm glad you did. (And I updated my post of links to include yours as well!)

Michelle Smith said...

What a great reading challenge! I have not read the complete series of Narnia books since I was in high school. I think I have only read two of them aloud with my children. Now you have me considering reading them again with the children. However, my primary read-aloud plans this year were the Little House books, to coincide with our history. Hmmm, I'll have to plot it all out and see whether we have some time for Narnia too. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails