Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Cruise – Free Time for Mom

BlogCruiseButton How do you find free time? Is it ok to take time for yourself? If so, how?

Free time?  What’s that?  Truthfully, between homeschooling, running a household, and keeping up with my job, I really don’t have a lot of free time.  I think it’s important, though, to make free time for yourself.  So, I get up in the morning and read my Bible each morning, and I make a point to spend some time reading alone (in bed) in the evenings too.  Reading is one of my favorite things to do, so giving myself a chance to read a little bit each day is good.  I don’t have time to read during the day, so that bit of time at the beginning and end of the day is very welcomed! 

I used to very much enjoy going out with my friend Sue – shopping and/or eating out somewhere – and just hanging out together.  Times like these are not only memory makers, but they are very important for homeschool moms who are at home all day, every day.  Some adult companionship is always a nice treat. 

If it means having to get up early or go to bed late just to get some free time, do it.  It’s worth it.  I’d also recommend one day a month to just go and do something by yourself, with a friend, or with your spouse.  Some kidless time is always a good time to regroup – you’ll come home and appreciate the kids a lot more! 

Wanna see what other Crew members have to say about free time?  If so, click here.

2 comments:

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

Good post about finding free time! Thanks for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you will be reviewing for CSN Stores too!
http://ourhomeschoolreviews.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Free time is hard to come by...but appreciated! This is the first time I've been by - your blog background is adorable.

Samantha

Related Posts with Thumbnails