Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 17

Today’s Topic = Something I’m Looking Forward To

In 10 days, my daughter Ashley is going on a trip – it’ll be her first time on an airplane.  I’m NOT looking forward to that – but she is. :)  I might be looking forward to it if I were going with her – I’d like to be there the first time she experiences flying, etc.  Instead, as a mother, I’m a little apprehensive to let her go.

Florida 2010 394 BUT, the very day that Ashley is flying out, my friend Wendy and her children are flying in!  They will be here to spend the week with us – then we will take them back to the airport on the day that Ashley will be flying home.  I’M LOOKING FORWARD to seeing Wendy again and having some quality time with her. 

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I pray that your daughter has a safe trip, and I hope you have a load of fun with Wendy! There's nothing like good friends, is there?
((hugs))

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

I am your newest follower! I remember my first plane ride without my mom...I will never forget it! And I remember that my mom even walked me to the gate...will you be able to do that with your daughter?

Safe thoughts for her will be in my prayers!

Have a great day!
http://latache-t.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Hey Heidi! I'm so very happy to be the thing that you are looking forward to! Hooray!! If I were doing the 30-day blog challenge, you would be my thing to look forward to also. :) The kids and I are counting down the days till we get to go see you. I can't believe it's so close! It seems like last week we were discussing the possibility of our going to visit you, and now it's just a little over a week away. Sometimes it's kind of nice when time flies. ;)

Heidi said...

You lucky gals! It sounds like there is lots of fun in store. I haven't even managed to get together with the MI gals and it is only a short car ride!

And Heidi, Ashley will do just fine! I'm sure she will love it. Try not to worry too much! (easier said than done, I know...)

Jodi said...

How exciting for Ashley! I'm sure she's going to enjoy herself... Have a fun time with Wendy and her family! If I had the time, I'd come out and join you both! Can't wait to hear all about it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails