Wednesday, November 17, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge – November 17

2010GratitudeChallengeButton Today I am thankful for the opportunity to review books!  I have always had a love for books and reading.  But, when I got married and we started having kids, it seemed like the book purchases became more for them and I was running out of time to read.  Now, with the chances that I get to review books, I have been able to feed my own addiction – and I’ve been blessed to receive and read so many books that I might have never known about if not for  this opportunity. 

I am also thankful that my love of reading has been passed on to Ashley – when she’s not writing or playing her guitar, she’s got her nose in a book and I LOVE IT!  Gracie also enjoys reading, though it’s not #1 on her list of things she enjoys.  When we find a series that she likes, though, she’ll read and read and read.  Ian enjoys being read to, so I’m hoping he’ll develop a love of books and reading too. 

6 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm a book lover, too! Some day, if I ever feel like I have time, I'll probably pursue adding book reviews to my life.

Jennifer said...

We were thinking along the same lines today; I shared that I am thankful for books. You are rignt, being able to receive books for blogging is a huge blessing!

Jen U. said...

I too am so thankful for reading and books and being able to review them. It has brought such blessings into my life this year. In fact, I talked about this some in my Gratitude post today. ;-)

Our Homeschool Reviews said...

I have never been an avid book reader and I wish I would have read more as a kid. I'm trying to get into it more now, but time is so limited. I'm so grateful our daughter already loves to read and hope she always will!

i cant decide said...

Yay! I love reviewing books also.

Vickie said...

I am thankful for books as well. Reviewing homeschool materials to read isn't the same as reading a "book". I can't remember the last time I read a book *I* wanted to read that is not school related. All my kids love to read too and will sometimes read encyclopedias for short material to read.

Related Posts with Thumbnails