Friday, November 26, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge – November 25

2010GratitudeChallengeButton Today I’m thankful for Thanksgiving!

We had lunch with my parents and one of my aunts.  Delicious food and great conversation.  I know I’ve shared before that I’m blessed to have my parents right down the street from us.  My mom grew up in this area and a lot of her family is still very close by.  It’s nice to have those connections.

We visited with Brian’s family for a while in the afternoon.  The kids always enjoy doing their Christmas name exchange during that time.  We fill out slips with the kids’ names and some gift ideas. 

154670_1667303652180_1524984773_1634880_1459040_n One of Brian’s sisters has estranged herself from the rest of the family and, because of that, we do not have a relationship with her children.  Last year, we were reintroduced to her son, and have been building up a relationship with him.  He’ll be entering the military in January, so it was nice to have a chance to spend some time with him. 

We visited with my parents a bit more in the evening, then came home and the kids and I had a Little House on the Prairie marathon up in Ashley’s bedroom. 

It was just a nice, relaxing day – and a day to remember all that we have to be thankful for. :)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. I love the picture of you and your nephew. It's nice that he is in touch with your family. I'll pray for him as he goes into the military. What an honorable role to choose! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails