Saturday, November 27, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge – November 27

2010GratitudeChallengeButton Today I’m thankful for an afternoon away with Brian.  We don’t get out much – just the two of us – and that’s fine.  But, when we do, that’s great too. 

Today we went for lunch at Panera Bread – yum!  Then, we did some Christmas shopping at the Disney Outlet, Christmas Tree Shops, Target, Toys R Us, and BJ’s.  We had a very successful trip.  We made a very large dent in our Christmas shopping (especially after we got home and I placed my Amazon order – my cart has been building up for a few weeks now!) 

new camera testing 015 I’m thankful that we had the money to do some Christmas shopping, thanks to a  bonus that I received.  I’m also thankful for some new Christmas ornaments this year – the thought of my regular country/rustic tree just really wasn’t sitting well with me this year.  I think, with losing Sue this past year, I just really needed my Christmas tree to be cheery and fun.  I wasn’t sure how we’d feel about the new look – but we’re pretty pleased. 

new camera testing 018 My very favorite of our new ornaments are the set of 7 Dwarves ones that we got at the Disney Store yesterday.  new camera testing 016 Is that not just about the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?  And there are 6 more where that came from! 

A new, cheery tree topper rounds out the decorations.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

An afternoon out with the husband! DEFINITELY something to be grateful for. Love your tree!

Jodi said...

How nice that you two got to spend some time together. :) Your tree looks so pretty, I love the colorful ornaments..and the dwarfs are just irresistibly cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails