Monday, November 15, 2010

miscellany monday – 11/15/10

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

I’ve got lots of random thoughts rolling around in my head this Monday ---

{1} Do I list laundry every week?  It’s a Monday affair at my house (I try to get as much laundry as possible done on Mondays so I only have a straggling load or two to worry about during the rest of the week.  I confess, I started yesterday – washing up all the bedding that was used for our guests last week.  Today, I’ll start in on the clothes – I’m not looking forward to Ashley’s suitcase! 

{2} Today is Ashley’s birthday!  (See my Gratitude post about her.) It’s really hard to believe that I’m the mother of a 17 year old.  Thankfully, just last week at the airport, one of the security guards said “You have to be related – either mother and daughter, or sisters” – I was glad he added that 2nd option!

{3} Last week, we had houseguests for the week.  I discovered that I’m growing more and more like my mom every day.  I’m kinda uptight.  I like things the way I like them; my kids are the same.  We aren’t used to other people telling us what to do; and we don’t take too kindly to it.  It’s hard to try combining two lifestyles into one for a whole week.  That’s not to say it was a horrible visit – just that a week was enough and I’m glad to get things back to “normal” around here this week. 

{4} I didn’t  get to blog much last week.  I did get some work done, but have more work to get caught up on.  We also have to get back on track with school – though we did get several field trips in last week.  Goodness, it’s time to dig out my calendar and get to work! 

{5} Pepperidge Farms Raisin Bread is extra yummy toasted and topped with peanut butter.  Just sayin’ . . .

{6} The IKEA factory is awesome.  And, it’s probably a blessing in disguise that we don’t have one within a 2 hour radius of home.  That could become dangerous!

{7} And just in case you didn’t know this – Twizzlers makes EXTRA LONG licorice.  The bag says “over 1 foot of fun”.  :)  Gracie bought Ashley some for her birthday; and Ashley’s been nice enough to share!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I can imagine things being 'out of whack' with guests in the home (I never have personally, but just the thought gives me a headache!).
And I'm glad Ashley is home safe and had fun! What a blessing...and Laundry, well...it's never really finished, is it?
:) Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

I can't believe she is 17 either. I must have been blogging (and reading your blog) a long, long time.

Unknown said...

~Happy Birthday Ashley!

~I can relate... I like my things my way and the older I get the less I like to sleep in a bed other than my own ; )

~and, thirdly, your comment this morning made me laugh out loud! I try to change my blog for each season and then I keep on changing it til I get what I really like... menopause=insomnia for me... plenty of time to blog ;)

Thanks for the laugh! ; )

Related Posts with Thumbnails