Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Idea #9 – The Bible in 90 Days

One of the very best things to happen to me in 2010 was reading through the entire Bible as part of The Bible in 90 Days blog  challenge hosted by Amy @ Mom’s Toolbox

My friend Wendy had posted about the challenge, and I decided to give it a try.  B90_Bible_Front_Cover-view Originally, I had planned to just print out the reading schedule; but after some thought, I decided to go ahead and order a copy of The Bible in 90 Days Bible.  The reasons for ordering the Bible made sense to me – it’s a large-print Bible with very few notes in the margins – causing little to no distractions as you read.  I was so glad that I decided to order this Bible.  Both of my other Bibles are Study Bibles and, while I love them, it would have taken so much longer to read my daily readings with those Bibles because I want to read all the notes too.  This way, I was able to concentrate JUST on the Bible. 

I made it through the entire challenge and actually finished early!  It was my first time to make it through the Bible – all the way.  I had previously attempted several of the “through the Bible in a year” reading programs, only to fail.  The group support at Mom’s Toolbox definitely helps.  Reading more each day also helps – you are able to get into it better that way. 

My mom kept saying that she’d like to try reading the Bible in 90 Days and would like to borrow my Bible when I was done with it.  Instead, I purchased The Bible in 90 Days Bible for her too!  She’s doing great with it and will be finished by the end of the year.  She said it’s one of the best gifts she’s ever received – now, she would like to pass on the gift by getting 90 Day Bibles for her friends!

MomsToolbox

Amy has a new challenge starting on January 3rd.  I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to read along this time or not.  I think that I might use the schedule, but read through my ESV Study Bible instead this time around – having already read it once, I think the study notes might help this time and it will be nice to read a different translation this time.  (FYI: The Bible in 90 Days Bible is an NIV, which is my translation of choice.)

Click the button above to go to Mom’s Toolbox and find out how to sign up for the 2011 Challenge!  I promise, you’ll be glad you did.  Buy yourself (or a friend) The Bible in 90 Days Bible – Merry Christmas to YOU!

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Too funny to read this today as I wrote my post about joining up for the Bible in 90 Days last night. I'm reading the Book of Mormon between now and January, then moving on to the Bible in January.

Related Posts with Thumbnails