Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reminder: A Walk In My Shoes

Last week, I told you about a movie that will be airing on NBC tomorrow evening. You can learn more about A Walk In My Shoes and view a movie trailer at the Family Movie Night website.

I wanted to take a moment to remind my readers about this movie.  It will air TOMORROW EVENING – on NBC – at 8pm (Eastern time).  It’s worth the time for you to sit down with your family and watch this movie.

Ashley and I had the opportunity to preview this movie last week.  We tried viewing it through the Wii, but couldn’t get it to work; so we grabbed my computer and headed upstairs to view it online.  The picture quality was not the best (rather pixilated); but the movie itself was quite good.  We were impressed that something so clean and good will be airing on national television.  Part of the reason we made the  decision to disconnect from the cable was because there were not enough good programs like this on anymore – so it’s refreshing to know that Walmart and P&G are teaming up to change that.

Though I maybe would have chosen a slightly different ending for the movie, I still think it’s well worth watching.  As the name suggests, the main character in the movie is given the chance to “walk a mile in someone else’s shoes”.  Oh, that we could all have that opportunity at times!  How many times do we find ourselves judging others, without really understanding what they may be experiencing in their private lives? 

There are lessons for all ages in this movie.  I especially appreciated the teen boy character, and the lessons that he was learning throughout this movie about respecting parents. 

If nothing else, it will stir up some great discussions in your home – about life in general, the military, the presence of angels (?), respecting parents, and putting yourself in someone else’s place before you judge. 

Watch it for yourself – tomorrow night at 8pm (est) – then come back and  tell me what you think.  I don’t want to say too much more and give the storyline away – that would spoil your fun!

NOTE: I was given the opportunity to pre-screen this movie online before it airs tomorrow.  In exchange for that opportunity, I agreed to post about it on my blog.  The opinions expressed herein are entirely my own and were not influenced in any way.  I received no other compensation.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails