Monday, April 18, 2011

miscellany & meet me monday ~ 4/18/11

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

{one} the girls and I are working like mad dogs to get all of our schoolwork done this year.  The goal was to get it all done before leaving for Florida in mid-May.  But, as we go along, our May is filling up so that, out of 31 days in the month of May, we currently only have 8 that don’t have something written on their calendar squares – and the somethings that are written on the other days are BIG somethings! 

{two} I was disappointed a few weeks ago when I found out that the Great Homeschool Convention in Philadelphia wouldn’t be happening this year after all.  I LOVE going to homeschool conventions and meeting people that I know from online – either through my job with TOS, blogging, FB, or whatever.  So, Ashley and I were excited last week when we were asked to go and help at the GHEA convention in Atlanta in a few weeks.

{three} Ian is turning 5 on Wednesday!  Where has the time gone?  He’s so not a baby anymore, and it’s time to start thinking more specifically about school and other things.  Wow – I kinda wish I could freeze him right where he’s at – but he’s not interested in that option!

{four} tomorrow the girls and I go for eye appointments.  I know I need a new prescription – I can see a big difference in my vision – especially when I’m looking at something on my lap (such as my laptop, a book, or notebook) and then look up (at a speaker, the tv, whatever).  My eyes have a hard time adjusting right away.

{five} it’s mid-April and we’re just now seeing some green leaves popping out on the trees and a little bit of color in the flower beds.  I was seriously wondering if spring was ever  going to get here.  I hope we get some warmer weather soon – otherwise FL in May is going to really throw us for a loop!

{six} I’m 3 followers away from 400!  So, if you’re new here, have pity on me and follow my blog.  :)

1.  Caesar Salad or Garden Salad?
Can I say that it totally depends where I’m eating?  I often pick a Caesar Salad, but if I’m somewhere that puts a really awesome regular salad together (such as Texas Roadhouse), I’ll opt for that.

2.  Will you be watching the Royal Wedding on April 29th?
Nope.  One reason is because we don’t have tv service here, so we can’t watch it even if we wanted to.  Another reason is because we have plans on the 29th – we will be meeting up with my friend Jodi and her kids for a field trip/get-together!
I remember watching Charles & Diana’s wedding many years ago, though. :)

3.  Last thing you spent lots of money on?
I don’t usually make large purchases – especially not for myself.  But, the largest purchase that we have made lately WAS for me – the new van (the “Swagger Wagon”).  And, I’m LOVING IT!

4.  Window seat or aisle seat?
Again, this is a toss-up, depends-on-the-circumstances type question.  I like looking out the window.  But, if I’m on a LONG trip (such as to Vietnam and  back), I prefer being on the aisle, or with someone who is.  Otherwise, you’re kinda STUCK in there at the window!

5.  Do you know your blood type?
This is horrible to admit – especially for someone who has had a blood  transfusion – but I do not. 

2 comments:

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Would you believe I have never tried a Caesar salad before? Looks like I need to try it at least once :)

Jodi said...

I'm sorry I won't get to see you at the convention, but I'm looking forward to seeing you guys the end of this month, and down the shore in June. Now we just have to figure out what we are going to do! LOL I remember watching Princess Di's wedding with my mom. That seemed like so long ago!

Related Posts with Thumbnails