Monday, September 26, 2011

Our weekend in review

We have had a crazy-busy, but good, weekend. But, there has been no time for blogging (obviously, as my blog hasn’t been updated!)  Anyway, I thought I’d go over our weekend in one post . . .

dolphintalemoviebanner2

We called Friday a Field Trip Day and went to see Dolphin Tale (Friday was opening day).  All 5 of us went, and my mom came along too.  What a GREAT MOVIE!  If you haven’t seen it yet, I’d encourage you to do so.  These days, it’s so difficult to find truly family-friendly films (especially on the big screen) – Dolphin Tale is a perfect family movie.  Here we are – all ready to head out to the  theater (this picture was taken before it started pouring!)

fall 2011 001

On Friday evening, we attended the wedding rehearsal of our friend Todd.  (Todd is my best friend Sue’s widower).  Brian served as a Groomsman/Usher in the wedding.  It was good to be there for the rehearsal (as, for various reasons, this wedding was rather bittersweet for several of us).  Afterwards, we had a lovely Italian dinner, provided by the church members. 

Saturday morning, Ian had a soccer game.  Unfortunately, after all the rain the day before, the field was a muddy mess.  I wish I would have taken a picture of his shirt – which I thought I would never get clean.  Throwing it straight into the washer when we returned home proved to work though. :) 

Saturday afternoon and evening were spent at the wedding and reception.  Thankfully, the sun came out on Saturday and it was a beautiful day for a wedding.  We were  blessed to have been a part of this special day. 

Yesterday was, of course, church in the morning.  I stayed afterwards for a quick meeting, then we went to my parents’ for lunch and visiting.  We came home, made our menu for the next 4 weeks, along with our grocery store list, and we headed out for an afternoon of shopping (both at Wal-mart and the  grocery store).  Using coupons, we saved almost $100!  I love that!

What have you been up to lately?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

We saw Dolphin Tale this weekend as well. I agree...a GREAT movie!

Andrea said...

We can't wait to see Dolphin's Tale:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails