Tuesday, October 25, 2011

93 . . .

Before our trip in January of 2009, I spent a lot of time on the DISboards. Not only was that to be our first trip as a family of 5, but we were planning to travel with good friends who had never experienced Walt Disney World – so I wanted to do my homework and make sure I was well-prepared to offer  them a “trip of a lifetime”.  One thing I saw lots of people talking about on the DISboards was this . . .

Florida '09 158

#93 – Yep, the Dole Whip (actually, I prefer the Dole Whip Float)!  I couldn’t wait to get my hands on one of them.  On that particular trip, I think I waited ‘til our very last day in the parks (it was January and rather chilly – I needed to wait for a warmer day!) 

In May of 2010, we realized exactly what happens to a Dole Whip on a warm day!  Let’s just say it’s best to purchase and eat immediately! 

And the rest is history really ---

I would eat them on a train
And I would eat them in the rain
I would eat them in a car
And I would eat them from a jar.
I’d gladly eat them in a dish,
I’d even eat them with a fish.
I would eat them with a spoon.
I hope to eat one really soon!
I would eat them here or there -
Yes, I would eat them ANYWHERE!

4 comments:

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

I just found out two days ago that my husband has NEVER had a Dole Whip. I have no idea how that happened, but I will be treating him to one this trip! :-)

Rachel said...

I prefer a Dole Whip to the float. Now I am really wanting one. The last time we went, I didn't get one. *sniff*

:DISTherapy said...

Thank goodness for the DISboards!!!

Just Wedeminute said...

I LOVE the Dole Whip and always make it a point to get one every time we go to WDW! It's a tradition with our family.

Related Posts with Thumbnails