Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Most Magical of Moments



Blogorail Logo
Welcome to those of you joining me from Focused on the Magic and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the third stop on our Magical Blogorail.
ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº
When I first heard about this month’s chosen theme, I thought “oh dear, what will I write about?” I’ve read so many stories about people having magical moments at Walt Disney World --- you know the ones I’m referring to – things like being chosen to participate in a parade, being granted one wish, or being invited to spend the night in Cinderella’s Castle Suite.  Nothing like that has ever happened to us. 
But, when I really sat down to think about this, it hit me --- what could possibly be more magical than seeing Disney through the eyes of your  child for the very first time?!  NOTHING!  So, that’s my focus for  this month’s theme . . .
(Before I share my kids’ first Disney experience pictures, I just need to say that if you ever see me mention thinking about starting to scrapbook again, just shoot me, ok?! Oh, and another thing – thank God for digital cameras!)
Ashley’s first trip to Disney was in 1999.  She was a 5 year old with a very effervescent personality!
 Disney oldies 004 Disney oldies 007
We met all the dwarves that year!  Notice her Grumpy face?!Disney oldies 005 Disney oldies 006
With Pooh at Animal Kingdom and posing at Disney-MGM Studios.
Disney oldies 008
One of my favorites – waiting to watch the parade at Magic Kingdom.
Gracie’s first trip to WDW was in 2005.  She was 4 years old and the polar opposite of her sister.  Gracie has always been pretty shy, so I wasn’t sure how she’d respond to the characters.  But, she had a blast meeting them and getting their autographs!
Disney oldies 013 Disney oldies 009
With Chip & Dale at Epcot, and in the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney.
Disney oldies 010 Disney oldies 011
With Pooh at the Crystal Palace and meeting Aurora.
Disney oldies 012
A favorite meeting – with Aladin & Jasmine.
Ian’s first trip to Walt Disney World was in 2009.  He was not quite 3.  Like his oldest sister, this boy has a bubbly personality. He can light up a room and draw a crowd!
Florida '09 120 Florida '09 099
With the Buzz Lightyear statue at Downtown Disney, and with his prize lollipops!
Florida '09 145Florida '09 152
Waiting for the parade, and waiting for Beauty & the Beast LIVE!
While every child is different and they’ll all react differently to Walt Disney World, the Magic that is there when they see it for the first time is always VERY REAL and VERY SPECIAL!  And, to me, that’s the most magical of moments!
ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº ºoº
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Disney on Wheels.
blogorail logo (orange) Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ Your Highway in the Sky
2nd Stop ~ Focused on the Magic

3rd Stop ~ Ramblings, Reflections and Reviews  (you are here)

4th Stop ~ Disney on Wheels

12 comments:

Mouse Fan Diane said...

Very cute pictures, I love the smiles and the Grumpy face tooo..

Patricia said...

I am following you via Tiggerific Hop. Thanks for hosting. Like you on facebook and tweeted on twitter. Already following you on GFC.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/2011/10/tiggerific-tuesday-blog-hopor-bounce.html

The World of Deej said...

Great pictures! I have got to use the word effervescent more often!:)

Mary at Capturing Magical Memories said...

Lol! Come back to the scrapbooing darkside. I'll hold your hand. Also my pages looked the same as yours back then. What were we thinking?

I love the memories. We were surprised how easy it was for John to interact with the charachters.

Deb @ Focused on the Magic said...

Aw how cute!! What? I love your pics and your scrapbooking pages!
So true, seeing Disney through a child's eye is magical!!

Debs @ Focused on the Magic

Unknown said...

Awww, I love the photos. :)

Just Wedeminute said...

Loved the photos and I'm so excited because my SIL and her hubby are taking their girls to WDW for the very first time tomorrow!

Beth Doda ~ disneymom2jhe said...

Great post, Heidi! I look back very fondly on each of my children's first trips. I absolutely love the picture with Grumpy!!

carissa said...

how fun! i cannot wait to take our kids... i better start saving now. it's so pricey!

Jennifer said...

Aww, great pictures! The last one is my favorite.

Christina said...

What cute pictures! I know exactly what you mean. I will always remember the first trip we took where my daughter really got into it and loved being there and meeting the characters. :)

P.T. said...

Aw, those are such great photos! They really capture the magic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails