Thursday, November 10, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge-November 10

Today, I’m thankful for several things; and rather than list them out individually over the next few days, I’m going to just go for it and share them all today . . .

First of all, yesterday morning I woke up with some of the worst back pain I’ve ever had.  I do have back issues, but normally it’s my lower back that is affected.  Yesterday’s pain was in my upper back/neck area. I spent a lot of the day on the heating pad, which really didn’t help.  I had Brian flip our mattress, just in case that was the cause.  Anyway, today I woke up feeling MUCH better!

Anyway, later today, Ashley and I are leaving on a Girls’ Overnighter. She turns 18 on Tuesday and the only thing she asked for is to spend the night at a certain hotel.  So, off we go for 2 days of shopping, laughing, and hanging out together.  Which brings me to the second thing I’m thankful for . . . having a daughter who isn’t ashamed to hang out with me, but actually wants to!  And the feeling is mutual – I love hanging out with her too!

In relation to our getaway, I’m thankful for Brian and my Mom who are willing to step in and help with Gracie and Ian so that Ashley and I can get away.

2 comments:

xinme said...

Yes, you have an awesome, almost 18 year old daughter, Heidi! Enjoy your time together! I hope one day I can meet Gracie and Ian! :) (Oh, and Brian, too;)

Have you ever tried ice for your back instead of heat? That's what my chiro recommended -- and I found it helpful :) Just a thought!

Vickie said...

What a fun gift to and from your daughter. Have a blessed weekend full of fun memories!

I have one that will be 18 next June. I'll have to keep this sort of event in mind. She'd probably enjoy that more than anything else.

Related Posts with Thumbnails