Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011 Gratitude Challenge – November 6

Today is Sunday (I know, I’m brilliant, right?)

Anyway, today I’m thankful for our church. Sometimes I wish it wasn’t a 1/2 hour away from home (especially on those cold, dark winter mornings).  But each week we get a wonderful message from the word of God that causes me to be challenged.  And there are people there that I’ve known since childhood – they are much more like family than just friends.

I’m also thankful to be participating in a Women’s Bible Study, being led by our pastor’s wife (who’s been like a second mother to me). We’re studying the book Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I know I’ve definitely bought into some of the lies that our society and Satan want us to believe.  It’s been an interesting and  thought-provoking study, so far.

What do you love about your church?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails