Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday ~ December 8

Today, I’m thankful for several things . . .

  • I’m thankful that the weatherman was wrong and that we didn’t get snow.  I know I live in PA, and should resign myself to the fact that it’s winter and snow is pretty much inevitable.  But, I’ve been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather and I’d prefer some snow-less cold to at least break me in  before the white stuff comes to stay.
  • I’m thankful that I have a Disney vacation planned right in the heart of the winter months, so that I can escape just a bit of  the cold and snow that will surely be here by then.
  • I’m thankful for Christmas cards.  I’ve always been a big fan of snail mail (I was one of those kids with pen-pals, and I always loved rushing to the post office to check the mail. I’m still like that!)  But, with the internet and e-mail, so much of that has been lost over the years – so I really appreciate the people who still do Christmas cards – and, especially, the ones who send them to me!  It’s just so exciting to see envelopes in the box, addressed to us in someone’s one hand.  Love that!
  • I’m thankful that we have local doctors that we know and trust.  Both Brian and Gracie have doctors appointments today – his is a consult at the Sleep Center (yeah! If they can get his snoring under control, that would be THE BEST Christmas gift EVER!) and Gracie’s is at the family doctor (for a rash that she gets around her hairline).  Hopefully I’ll have good updates later on.
  • And, last but certainly not least, I’m thankful that Brenda has decided to extend that thankful meme.  We all have so much to be thankful for, don’t we?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails