Sunday, January 1, 2012

Catching up with the countdown (28 – 25)

Life has  been so busy lately – lots of changes coming in 2012 – and I’ve fallen behind in my 100 Days to Disney countdown posts.  Here’s the catch-up:

Florida 2011 824 #28 ~ I’ll be the first person to admit that I’m not a very patient person, so standing in long lines really isn’t my thing.  I’m anxious for the Fantasyland expansion, as I think the addition of the 2nd Dumbo ride will help that line to move faster.  I’m rarely willing to wait.  So, a great alternative to that ride – for us – has been the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.  It’s the same sort of ride, and the lines are always considerably shorter.  Plus, the spitting camel lends itself to excitement!

Florida 2011 859 #27 ~ One of my all-time favorite classic attractions at Hollywood Studios is the Great Movie Ride.  I love  the whole Chinese Theater thing on the outside – even if you have to wait  for this ride, there is so much to see outside with the handprints on the sidewalk, etc.  Once inside the building, the queue is filled with neat things also.  While the ride itself could possibly use a bit of an update, I still really enjoy it and can’t imagine a trip to the Studios without it.

#26 ~ Something that we NEVER take the time to do is visit Tom Sawyer’s Island in the Magic Kingdom.  I’m not sure why – I guess because we’re always on the go and it hasn’t ever held much appeal.  But, I’m determined on this next trip to jaunt over  there and spend some time exploring.  Who knows?  Maybe we’ll even find that infamous hidden paintbrush! 

Florida 2011 592 #25 ~ On our last trip to the World in May of 2011, we spent some time resort-hopping with friends.  They introduced us to the Wilderness Lodge.  Wow – I could sit in that lobby for hours – seriously!  They also told us that dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe is, in their opinion, one of the most entertaining dining experiences on Disney property.  So, when we decided to return and found out that we’d be enjoying the DDP on this next trip, that was one of the first meals that we scheduled.  The food sounds great – but the interaction with the Cast Members sounds even more fun.  We’re all looking forward to this one!

What about you?  Are any of these favorites of yours?  Or things you’re maybe looking forward to trying?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails