Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out with 2011 ~ In with 2012

There’s an awful lot going on in Heidi’s Head, but little time to sit down and share it.  2012 is bringing lots of changes – new opportunities, things to look forward to, etc.  I wanted to take a minute to check in and share . . .

Early last week, I resigned from my job.  It was a decision that I did not make lightly.  I absolutely loved my job – especially the position that I was in with the Homeschool Crew.  The Crew has been a source of  blessings on so many different levels over the past 4 years of my life.  Lessons were learned, friendships were formed.  But, I felt God’s leading to step back from that position, and move on to new things in my life.  It was a very time-consuming job – and, right now, my family needs to have a bit more of my attention.  I don’t want to be looking back 20 years from now with regrets and feeling like I missed out because I was too busy, you know?

At the beginning of December, I took on a second (very) part-time, work-at-home job with Miaplaza, Inc. – the company behind Always Icecream and Clever Dragons.  So, you’ll most likely see and hear me bragging on these great websites for kids.  I’m excited about this job because it’s a company that is on the move – and it will be fun to see where it goes over the next few years.

Toward the end of last week, I got some exciting news that I’m not yet at liberty to share here on my blog (but if you’re a FB friend, you can look there for a “hint” of what’s to come).  I think I can probably safely share that it’s another new job opportunity that I feel will be the perfect fit for me.

My family is still counting down the days to our upcoming Disney trip – despite the fact that I’ve been lax in posting those.  I plan on writing a catch-up post today; so all is not lost!  With all that’s been going on around here, a vacation is exactly what we all need!

Be sure to watch my blog tomorrow --- I will be introducing not one, but TWO big contests that you’ll definitely want to be a part of. 

I am looking forward to the new year.  I hope you’ll stick around here at Heidi’s Head – I love receiving all your comments and e-mails and look forward to getting to know you better in 2012! 

8 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Happy New Year, Heidi! I saw your post on FB about your new job. I think it absolutely is a perfect fit for you & I'm very excited for you!

quinnschilling said...

Happy New Year!! Enjoy some time with your family:) we really like always ice cream around here-so cool. Excited for you on your other opportunity!

Mary said...

So so happy everything is shaping up for 2012! I think your new job is just magical! :-)

Happy New Year, Heidi!

Tim @ Families Again said...

You will be very sadly missed on the crew but I know that God is going to bless you in whatever He leads you to do! Hope you have a great New Year!

Susan Anadale said...

Congrats on all the cool things happening in your life.  Sometimes it's hard to see where we should be when we are caught up in the grind of what we are doing.  It sounds like you're opening some exciting doors and I'm happy to be able to watch and cheer you on. ;0)

Athena said...

I'm sure your head is spinning after this crazy week you've had, but it is just wonderful to see it all come together for good for you and your family, I'm really happy for you!  I guess I should go check out the dragon website, I still haven't even looked into it, and I know if you are part of it then it must be good!  Happy New Year!  By the way, I'm still dreaming of a trip back to Amish Country.......

Dawn @ Guiding Light said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and exciting changes! Blessings!

Jennifer @ Milk & Honey Mommy said...

Heidi,

I'm late, but I am so excited for you regarding your new job opportunities and the chance to spend more time w/your family. There isn't a thing you can do about regret other than just have it.

I am going to have to let my daughter visit Always Icecream again because she enjoyed playing and learning on the site.

Related Posts with Thumbnails