Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fresh Produce Clothing

Let me preface this post by saying that a model I am not!  I am not and have never been a model – nor do I play one on tv.  There’s a reason for that!  I prefer being behind the camera. I like taking pictures of my kids – and the only pictures of me are usually with my kids (or my favorite Disney characters).

image002

However, when the opportunity to review a piece of clothing from Fresh Produce came my way, I couldn’t pass it up.  Even if it meant stepping out of my comfort zone and pretending to be a model.  I looked the website over, and was pleasantly surprised with their nice selection of summer topsessrlfa-float-above-oys2Spring was upon us and I knew I wanted some new clothing for the warmer weather and our upcoming beach trip anyway.  So, I chose the Float Above Top in the Laguna color. (The model at right is wearing it in the Sanibel color.)  She looks adorable in it, doesn’t she?  I chose the Laguna color because I thought it was a bit more summery – bright and cheery.

I’m a casual dresser, so I was happy to see a large selection of casual clothes in the Fresh Produce line. They offer plenty of plus size t-shirts, but I wanted something just a bit more “dressy” than a plain old tee. 

I received the Float Above Top a few weeks ago.  I wanted to wear it several times and see how it would hold up to wear and washing.  So far, I’ve been very impressed with it.  Here is how the website describes this particular top:

The drapey ease of the Float Above Top makes it one of this season's most popular and versatile styles. Gathered pintuck details at the gently scooped neckline give it a feminine and flattering silhouette.

Here are my thoughts on it:

  • It’s super comfy – I mean, like pajama-comfy! This shirt is quickly becoming my go-to shirt for summer.
  • The gathering and pintucks at the neckline make it look so much more dressy than a t-shirt, while still remaining casual enough for me
  • I love the way the sleeves are made (with the gathering) – I was originally surprised to see that the ends of the sleeves aren’t hemmed, but the shirt has gone through the wash several times now and there’s been no fraying whatsoever
  • The fabric (92% rayon and 8% lycra) is amazingly soft, smooth, and comfortable.  This is NOT the rayon of the 80’s, let me tell you!  I’ve dried this shirt in the dryer and it hasn’t shrunk a bit!
  • I appreciate that it is made in the U.S.A.
  • While I would have originally been put off by the $64 price tag, I can tell that this is a shirt that is going to hold up well to wash and wear.  I’m sure I’ll get lots of use out of this shirt this summer.

So, without further adieu, here I am in my new Float Above Top in Laguna (not sure what’s up with my hair or my crazy dog):005

I’d love to add a few more colors to my wardrobe – like Truffle (brown)and maybe Meadow (lime-ish green).  If you’d like to add some clothing from Fresh Produce to your summer wardrobe, I’m sure you’ll be pleased with the quality and comfort.  Oh, and guess what? Fresh Produce now ships to over 200 countries, so women outside the US can enjoy the colorful styles, too.

Tell me about your go-to shirt for the summer!

5 comments:

Denise Opper said...

Not a model, my big toe! Girl, you are so ROCKIN' that top! ;) Seriously, you look great and I think your pooch is just trying to get in on some of that camera action. (Hee hee) Adorable!

My go-to summer top is a swingy baby doll top. At least, I think that's what you call it...? It's got an elastic band under the bust and the rest just drapes. Perfect for those "bloated" days...(Ahem) ;)

Heidi Strawser said...

Denise~

You don't have bloated days, do you? Now, YOU could be a model!
<3 ya!

Denise Opper said...

 Oooh, I don't know about that. And yes, I definitely have those puffy days. Darn female body anyway...sheesh!

DebSays said...

Oh I love Fresh Produce!! Sooo comfy! They are my favorite shirts  for Disney! Their cover-ups are great too!

Heidi Strawser said...

So cool! I had never even heard of them before I was asked to do the review.
Good to know someone is familiar with the company and their products.

Related Posts with Thumbnails