Friday, August 17, 2012

Trip Report ~ Animal Kingdom (Day 6)

Our last few trips to Walt Disney World had been quick trips and we didn’t have a full day to devote to visiting Animal Kingdom.  I was very ready to change this and couldn’t wait to spend a full day roaming around Animal Kingdom!  I really, really enjoyed it.  While my family would still not list it as their favorite Disney park, it certainly appeals to me on so many different levels. 

We started our day with breakfast at Tusker House.  6 1/2 months later, and we’re still talking about that breakfast!  We loved everything about it.  The food was wonderful – such a huge variety.  The character interaction was great – you meet Donald outside while waiting to be called in for your meal; then, while dining, you meet Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy.  The waitstaff was top-notch (our server was named Clifford and he was excellent – even went above and beyond to help us resolve an issue with our Key to the World/Dining Plan).  Oh, and the juice . . . did I mention the delicious juice?!

AK1

The attention to detail in the Animal Kingdom park is simply amazing.  I know Disney is famous for their detail – but this park really just takes the detail-cake in my personal opinion.  One of my favorite things to do is to watch the gorillas (I could literally watch them for hours on end!)

AK2

Of course, the Kilamanjaro Safaris is always a great thing to do – even on the trips when we couldn’t “do” Animal Kingdom, we’d head over just for that!  It’s never the same trip through the savannah twice!  Ashley and I usually take opposite ends of the vehicle so we can get pictures on either side.

AK3

We enjoyed a ride on the Wildlife Express to Conservation Station.  It had been several years since we had explored that area of the park and Gracie very much enjoyed searching for the many Hidden Mickeys to be found back there!

AK4

The Asian part of the park is a favorite of mine for personal reasons!  I’m particularly fond of the details found here!

AK5

I have so many more pictures that I could share to highlight our memories for this day, but I won’t bore you.  I’ll leave you with a few favorite Photopass pics . . .

Photo1546FourBySix

Photo1552FourBySix

Photo1557FourBySix

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You got some great photos! I also love the picture of the 3 kiddos all in their plaid shirts in a more recent post. :) They have grown so much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails