Monday, January 15, 2007

Quick Supper Ideas

Sometimes I am so well-prepared and have nice suppers ready for my family.  Other times, we are rushing through the day, and our suppers are more of an after-thought.  For days like that, I love to have quick and easy recipe ideas~ things that are easy to prepare but taste like you actually spent some time in the kitchen!


This evening, I made a quick supper, using a recipe from Kraft's Food & Family magazine.  If you don't subscribe to this magazine, I would highly recommend it~ it's FREE and has some great recipes and ideas in it.  To get yours, go to www.kraftfoods.com/signup and get yours today!  Since my husband and oldest daughter both gave this one a "thumbs up", I thought I'd share:


Taco Bake

Recipe Rating:


Prep Time: 15 min

Total Time: 35 min

Makes: 6 servings






























1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Taco Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
1 cup TACO BELL HOME ORIGINALS Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
 





















PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. While Macaroni is cooking, brown meat; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and water to meat; simmer 5 min.
STIR sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 8-inch square baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of the cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.
BAKE 15 min. Top with salsa and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 min. or until cheese is melted.



 


Also, I have to share this week's freebie from Homeschool E-store (those of you who already know me from my other blog, know that I'm always bragging about E-store!)  Anyway, this week's offering is called "Menus on a Dime: Quick Dinners"~ click on the link in my sidebar and download your copy today!




Living On A Dime's Quick Dinners eBook is the third in the "Menus On A Dime" series of booklets. It is designed to help you with meals you can prepare in 20 minutes or less. Quick Dinners includes 24 recipes, 34 tips, 10 menu plans, dessert ideas and a weekly menu worksheet. Using these easy dinner plans, you can be in and out of the kitchen faster and at a much lower cost than eating out!


With resources like these available, there's no excuse not to have nice meals on the table for our families, right?! 





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails