Thursday, March 6, 2008

Quick USCIS Update

I've had several people e-mail me and inquire about our continuing saga with the USCIS over Gracie and Ian's Certificate(s) of Citizenship.  First of all, I just really want to thank all of you who are keeping this matter in your prayers~ we so appreciate it!  Now, for a brief update:
  • Our contact at our federal rep's office was able to get an address for us to send Ian's Alien Registration Card (ARC) back to (she e-mailed that to us on Tuesday afternoon).  She recommended that we send it via certified mail, which we did on Wednesday.
  • Now, we just wait.  They should receive it back in plenty of time to keep us safely under that 30-day timeframe;  so all should be well with his case.  I wanted so badly to include a note telling them how negligent it was of them not to include that envelope, but I refrained (I have no fight left in me when it comes to our government).
  • As for Gracie, we haven't heard anything back in response to her application.  So, that is another matter for prayer.  Both hers and Ian's were sent on the same day (as a matter of fact, in the same envelope).  Apparently, there is no rhyme nor reason as far as when you might hear back from them.  So, for this too, we wait......

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails